Thursday, January 2, 2014

Vacation : Borobudur Temple, Magelang

Well, I don't usually like to go to a kind of this place. But last holiday makes me feel like I want something different from before. And I think it's time for me to visit candi or temple. Yes! Its been a long time since I have been in borobudur. Almost 10 years or so. Wow, that's a long long time ago.



From what I remembered,  borobudur has the hottest temperature from all over the place I ever visited before. I don't know why but every temple I visit always have such a blast temperature. Although I get darker than before (I already have such dark skin though) after went there, but I really am satisfied and happy.
If you do not know what is it with Borobudur,  then let the wikipedia explain. (I am so lazy, hahaha)


I went there by a motorcycle with my sister. We're both exchanging seat if the one getting tired. My sister live in the center of Jogja, so it took approximately 1-2 hours depends on the traffic. But although we're going in holiday,  it's 2 or 3 day before New Year, I don't find it's as crowded as it should be.

When we're heading there, a beautiful scenery is next to our path. Seems like the weather also being kind to us, the sky is so blue and it is very well sunny when we're on the way. Remember that in some city in Indonesia, its probably going to rain fall around September until February or so. Then just prepared with some coat just in case.

Beautiful scenery. 

Candi Mendut, or Mendut temple.

It's not hard to find the place because we've get the sign every turning point. So, if you're not see it, it's probably you make your step wrong. Haha.

I my self preferred to use gps on my smartphone to guide. It's working fine and the signal really strong enough to handle 3G. So, good bye wrong way!

The ticket cost is 30k in rupiah and about 3 or 4 US$. Pretty expensive for me because we're out of money. Just kidding. And what surprices me is, there's a lot of trees now. Very cozy and green! I love it so much. And we take a lot photo ourselves. Well, maybe I am, not my sister,  she's kinda my photographer after all. Then here I share some pictures.

At the top of Borobudur. 

Stupa.

Still waaay to go.

In front. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;